Jeffery B. Risinger
2018 is my 22nd anniversary for the AV (Preeminent®) rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
I have, for 35+ years, been a business attorney and trusted advisor to business owners across the full spectrum of legal issues they typically confront. Along with my experience as an attorney, I have an accounting background (passed CPA exam in 1978) and for 6 years was a co-founder, CFO and General Counsel of a water utility development company that utilized a unique public-private / shared authority privatization model. I have represented companies in and for business sales and acquisitions, debt and equity financings (bank, private venture, and private placement offerings), co-owner conflicts and buy-outs, joint ventures, business planning and financing matters, tax planning strategies, employee compensation plans, non-compete matters, and as to other varied complex and simple business transactions. I am outside counsel and business consultant for a Christian-based ministry and have been the attorney for the campaign committee of a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
- Jeffery B. Risinger, attorney at law: 1998 – to present (solo business transactions law practice)
- Butler University: 1999 – 2001 (Adjunct Professor of Business Law / College of Business Administration)
- The Reynolds Group, Inc. (water & wastewater privatization business): 1993 – 1998 (co-founder; CFO; attorney)
- Davies & Leagre (a/k/a Leagre & Barnes; Leagre Chandler & Millard): 1985 – 1993 (Founding Partner)
- Baker & Daniels, Indianapolis, Indiana: 1981 – 1984 (Associate)
- Indiana native
- Married; 3 sons; 3 grandkids
- Home: Long-time Fishers, IN resident
- Attend St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Carmel, IN (former Sunday school teacher; former chairperson of Board of Trustees; former chair of capital campaign)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Indianapolis (mentor to prospective homeowners)
- Interfaith Hospitality Network / Family Promise of Greater Indianapolis (provides housing for homeless families): active volunteer (through St. Mark’s); former member of board of directors