Here are some of the matters I can help you with. I will meet with you in person (no charge for our first meeting) to see what you need and how I may be able to help you.
- Filings with the Indiana Secretary of State to form your not-for-profit organization
- Preparing and filing the IRS Form 1023 to be granted tax-exempt status (most people typically think of this as becoming a 501(c)(3) organization so that the organization is not subject to income tax and so that donations to the organization are tax deductible, but there are other tax-exempt categories)
- Filing with State revenue departments so that the organization is not subject to sales tax on its purchases
- Help you determine if your organization will be a public charity or a private foundation (most people typically think of a not-for-profit as a public charity)
- Will your organization have members or not?
- How will the board of directors be established, operated, and maintained?
- Regulatory requirements/registrations as to asking/soliciting for donations
- Contracts for speaking engagements
- Website, publishing a book, copyrights, public relations arrangements
- Adopting ethics and other policy guidelines for your organization
- Annual meetings
- Please contact me to talk or to set an appointment. I don’t charge for our first meeting.