General Business & Tax Law / Entrepreneurial Services
Here are some of the matters I can help you with. I will meet with you in person (no charge for our first meeting) to see what you need and how I may be able to help you.
- Tax planning, including Section 1031 tax-free exchanges (regular and reverse exchanges)
- Employment Agreements and compensation planning (including tax planning for profit sharing plans and for deferred compensation like profits interests and phantom stock grants)
- Non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality/NDA, invention, and works-for-hire arrangements. Indiana has a special “blue-pencil” court interpretation doctrine.
- Shareholder buy-sell agreements; shareholder/owner disputes
- Operating/governance/voting agreements among business owners to establish the rules of the road and to protect the interests of minority/non-controlling owners
- Founders/contribution agreements for emerging businesses
- Loan proposals, arrangements and documentation.
- Office, warehouse, industrial, horse stable, and retail leases (renewal options, expansion option, early exits, right of first refusal to purchase, right of landlord to relocate tenant, allocation of repair, replacement, and maintenance responsibilities)
- Equipment leases
- Consulting, software development, software-as-a-service, and licensing agreements
- Marketing arrangements (distribution, sales rep/agent, joint-venture/cooperative agreements)
- Franchising arrangements
- Real estate purchase and sell agreements. Commercial real estate development and financing (and re-financing).
- Evaluation of and planning for business investment opportunities
- Please contact me to talk or to set an appointment. I don’t charge for our first meeting.