Business Formation Services
For the following comprehensive business formation services (and the up-front meeting with you), I charge a flat fee of $500 (plus the Indiana State filing fees of approximately $100).
- I’ll meet with you personally to initiate the process. If you have an accountant, financial planner, or other advisor you listen to, we’ll get them involved to make sure all perspectives are covered.
- I’ll help you understand what type of entity you should form to best guard against personal liability (and explain what you might still be on the hook for).
- I’ll draft your corporate / limited liability company organizational documents (and file them with the Secretary of State) and draft your corporate bylaws / LLC operating agreement.
- I’ll explain the tax choices you have and help tailor a business structure that fits your circumstances (such as, should you form as a limited liability company, but elect “S” corporation status for income tax purposes?). What planning can you do to best take advantage of the new “pass-thru” 20% deduction under the recently passed tax reform bill?
- I’ll get your federal EIN (employer identification number).
- I’ll complete and file the tax forms that match-up with your tax planning (such as filing an “S” corporation election with the IRS).
- I’ll line you up for any necessary filings with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development or the Indiana Department of Revenue (except that sometimes your accountant would rather oversee these filings).
- I’ll check to see what state licensing requirements there may be for your business.
- I’ll set-up your company’s organizational meeting and prepare consents / resolutions for start-up actions (such as selecting officers and opening a bank account).
- I’ll discuss basic business insurance with you.
- If you have a business partner, we’ll talk about shareholder / owner agreements to see if it’s sensible to tackle that at this time.
- I’ll give you a Formation Recap Letter that will keep all of the above glued together in your mind for future reference. We can talk through this letter in a phone call or a second meeting, if needed, to make sure you understand the choices you’ve made and what you’re doing.
- Please contact me to talk or to set an appointment.